In 2017, the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo celebrated another extraordinary year, embracing the colourful theme, Splash of Tartan, for its 68th season.
- Filmed and recorded live from the Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle
- Includes a cast of more than 1,200 performers, including over 250 pipers and drummers
- This year’s programme paid tribute to the UK’s maritime heritage and the Royal Navy, with HMS Queen Elizabeth now on sea trials and HMS Prince of Wales in build
- Also encompassing Scotland’s Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology, the 2017 Tattoo reflected on Scotland’s links across the globe and showcased some of its finest musical traditions with outstanding performances from the Tattoo Dance Company and the Hjaltibonhoga – The Shetland Fiddlers
- The 68th Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo was joined by acts from France, the United States, India, and – for the first time ever – Japan
The spectacular production is also available to own on CD.